My-India

Message Board Home Tree View Login Search Latest Messages Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Email-Us

Steady home appreciation

My-India.Net: India Forum: India Real Estate: Steady home appreciation

By Menard Lee on Thursday, January 22, 2009 - 04:57 am: Edit Post

Slow, steady home appreciation has been the rule for most of our recent history, and many investors in real estate have come to be regarded as canny and shrewd, besides doubling their assets.

However, the current trend is to lean towards instant appreciation. This has encouraged largely the land mafia to extend their hold in the various areas of the property dealings. The good news is that the Kerala realty market is still new and the wide fluctuations experienced in cities like Kochi will get corrected in the near future as the market matures.

Despite these large hikes in property prices pushed up by uncertain factors it remains a fact that there is a severe shortage of residential space in certain cities of the state and the rise in price follows the law of supply and demand.

In the recent years, there has been a considerable increase in demand for Kerala flats and apartments. This is due to the increased number of professionals in the state and the cosmopolitan outlook of the people. The average personís dream of a house has taken a major shift from large sprawling houses to more compact and luxurious living environment.

The change in the attitude towards oneís home is reflected in the kind of residential projects that the builders build. As elsewhere, residential market is now consumer driven rather than builder driven. This trend is definitely even better.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Menu:

My-India.Net | My-Kerala.Com | My-Tamil.Com | My-Kannada.Com