My-India

Message Board Home Tree View Login Search Latest Messages Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Email-Us

Indian Culture

My-India.Net: India Forum: India Society & Culture: Indian Culture

By username on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 06:34 pm: Edit Post

Hi everyone:-):-)I have recently watched some bollywood movies which I enjoyed very much...but there were some cultural references that I didn't understand and was hoping someone could please explain:-):-) The first thing is how the ladies wiggle their thumbs at the boys....what does that mean? The second thing is how people put their closed fists on their temples after 'snatching' at the air in front of the person they're looking at..what does that mean? If someone cold please tell me what these gestures mean I would be so grateful...thanks:-)

By kristian on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 06:57 pm: Edit Post

hi from Italy! Hi my name is Kristian, i'm 29 years old, i'm a journalist and i'm from Italy, Palermo.
I'm very interested in indian life, culture, history and i would like to know someone from there or also from Italy if she/he is living here.
If you want, write to me by using this forum or my email address :-) I'm waiting for u!
ciao
kristian

By Gloria on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 07:03 pm: Edit Post

I come from Barcelona (Spain), I,m very interested in everything regarding India but I would like to know much more about the real life in the emergent India, how modernity and spiritualy live together. I'm doing a research about this. Please, drop me a line. Thank you

By clothilde on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 07:12 pm: Edit Post

information on Delhi and Indian traditions

hi everybody! my name is clothilde, I live in France. For my english course, I've got to do a project on Delhi. I'd like to have information on Delhi (like what you can do, how is the city, etc.) and Indian traditions (like special traditions that only India have or wedding). My project will be really good if I'll have real experiences from Indian people or people who lived in India.
Thank you.

By Ahmad Bilal on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 09:20 am: Edit Post

I would like to know about the Indian Fashion and trends especially on marriage ceremony. Today I am searching about the latest fashion and trends of South Asia. Would you like to share you view about the Indian fashion, Women Dresses and Men's wearing.

Thanks
Bilal

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Menu:

My-India.Net | My-Kerala.Com | My-Tamil.Com | My-Kannada.Com | My-Telugu.Com | My-Gujarat.Com | My-Maharashtra.Com | My-Uttarpradesh.Com | My-WestBengal.Com | My-Mobilephone.Com
Search | Webmasters | Advertise | About Us | e-mail Us | Take Us! | Refer Us | Site Map

© My-India.Net