My-India

Message Board Home Tree View Login Search Latest Messages Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Email-Us

Indians and Discipline on Roads

My-India.Net: India Forum: India Society & Culture: Indians and Discipline on Roads

By meetgaurav on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 07:05 pm: Edit Post

It does not need a prime minister to tell us that we lack discipline on the roads.All it needs is common sense and a right approach to life, be it driving or something else.We talk of lack of driving discipline, but none ever seems to mention the reasons for this.Indisciplined as we are in all aspects of our life, the primary reason is ignorance and lack of awareness.Tell me how many people in the country have learnt to drive through a trained instructor? Even if they have,do we have qualified and certified driving instructors? Where are the traffic rules for the drivers,the road markings and other indicators for road users? Is our police,especially traffic police familiar at all with the rules,if there are any? How many learners have ever taken a driving test,if it is ever held? On top of this the worst offenders on the roads are the police,the politicians and the bureaucrats - the high and the mighty. I could go on and on about the deficiencies and the lacunae,and the blatant disregard of etiquettes on our roads. In order to improve the scenario,and reverse the chaos on our roads,we need to start by establishing a national driving road code which every driver needs to follow.

By Jitesh on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 07:05 pm: Edit Post

Well said, Gaurav. We might need to bring discipline in every aspect of the system.

For example,
-Discipline in Learning the driving
-Discipline in issuing the driving licenses.
-Proper traffic control regulations and rules.
-Building or constructing the roads that can bear the climate-whether conditions of all seasons of the year.
-Well planned roads that can bear the traffic at all hours a day (including weekdays and weekends)
-Proper Government, Governing strcuture and Personaly disciplined authorities to utilise the allotted (allocated and assigned) funds for the above said implementations.

Anyway, its our long dream to see such an India. Don't know when it would become a reality!!

Cheers,
Jitesh

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Menu:

My-India.Net | My-Kerala.Com | My-Tamil.Com | My-Kannada.Com | My-Telugu.Com | My-Gujarat.Com | My-Maharashtra.Com | My-Uttarpradesh.Com | My-WestBengal.Com | My-Mobilephone.Com
Search | Webmasters | Advertise | About Us | e-mail Us | Take Us! | Refer Us | Site Map

© My-India.Net