My-India

Message Board Home Tree View Login Search Latest Messages Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Email-Us

Become a qualified Mechanical Engineer with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers

My-India.Net: India Forum: India Education: B.Tech Through Distance Education: Become a qualified Mechanical Engineer with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers

By SRI VENKATESWARA COLLEGE on Sunday, October 19, 2008 - 09:43 am: Edit Post

Become a qualified Mechanical Engineer with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers

Become a qualified Mechanical Engineer through the Mechanical Engineering Degree [A.M.I.Mech.E(I)] & Diploma [T.Eng.] Examinations conducted by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (India)

The Institution Of Mechanical Engineers (India) is one of the oldest professional institutions in India established in 1914 to promote, advance and update knowledge, business & practice of mechanical engineering professionals.

Among the activities it conducts biannual examinations known as Technician Engineers Part-I & Part-II, Automobile Technician Engineers examination Part-I & Part-II, Production Technician Engineers Part-I & Part-II, Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning Technician Engineers Examination Part-I & Part-II and Section A & Section B of Associate Membership (also known as Chartered Engineers) Examination in Mechanical Engineering.

The Institution is thus helping thousands of younger members of community working in engineering to obtain engineering qualification & also to advance their technical knowledge & enhance their engineering career but, who have been unfortunate in securing admission in regular Polytechnics and Engineering Colleges due to no fault of their through non formal system of education.

Around 20,000 Students appear per year for the Mechanical Engineering Degree & Diploma Examinations of the Institution.

# MECHANICAL ENGINEERING EXAMINATIONS #

# Degree Level [Associate Membership Examination - A.M.I.Mech.E(I) ] #

The Institution conducts Section-A & Section-B of the Associate Membership (also known as Chartered Engineers) examination in mechanical engineering since 1976 in consultation with the MHRD, GOI on International Level. The passing of this examination (Including the Practical Training of 3 Months at an AICTE approved Engg. College) entitles a student to use the abbreviated designation of "A.M.I.Mech.E(I)" as per the Insitution rules.

The subjects as per NEW SYLLABUS (Approved by the AICTE) are as under :

Section A
Code Subject
A 1 Introduction to Manufacturing Process
A 2 Ad Electrical Technology
A 3 Mechanics
A 4 Fundamental of Computer
A 5 Adv Engg Mathematics
A 6 Thermodynamics
A 7 Fluid Mechanics
A 8 Society,Environment, Engineering
A 9 Dynamics
A 10 Adv Mat Sc & Metallurgy
A 11 Heat Transfer-I
A 12 Theory of Machine

Section B
Code Subject
BC 1 Environmental Engineering
BC 2 Computer Graphics
BC 3 I.C. Engines & Automobile Engineering
BC 4 Operation Research
BC 5 Ad.Strength of Materials
BC 6 Industrial Economics & Management
BC 7 Mechanical Measurements
BC 8 Hydraulic Machines

Note:
i)In addition to 8 compulsory subjects, Section - B students are required to appear and pass in 3 optional subjects ii) After completion of theory papers, students have to undergo at least three months mandatory Apprenticeship/ Practical Training at any AICTE recognized Engineering College for award of the A.M.I.Mech.E(I) certificate.

# Diploma Level [Technician Engineers Exam. -T.Eng. ] #

The Institution conducts Part-I & Part-II of the Technician Engineers examination (T.Eng.) in Mechanical Engineering since 1988 in consultation with the MHRD,GOI on International Level. The passing of this examination (Including the Practical Training of 3 Months at an AICTE approved Polytechnic) entitles a student to use the abbreviated designation of "T.Eng." as per the Insitution rules.

Part I
Code Subject
TE1.1 Communication Skills
TE1.2 Engg. Mathematics - I
TE1.3 Applied Physics
TE1.4 Applied Chemistry
TE1.5 Engg. Mathematics II
TE1.6 Computer Applications
Part II
Code Subject
TE2.1 Applied Mechanics
TE2.2 Electrical Technology
TE2.3 Engg. Graphics
TE2.4 Strength Of Materials
TE2.5 Theory Of Machines
TE2.6 Manufacturing Processes
TE2.7 Thermal Engineering
TE2.8 Industrial Organization & S M
TE2.9 Fluid Power
TE2.10 Workshop Practice
TE2.11 Machine Design
TE2.12 Metrology and Quality Control
TE2.13 Production Technology
TE2.14 Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning System
TE2.15 Automobile Manufacturing System

Note: After completion of theory papers, students have to undergo at least three months mandatory Apprenticeship/ Practical Training at any AICTE recognized polytechnic for award of Technician Engineers Certificate.

Recognition Of Institution's Examination :-

The Minisrty of HRD , Govt. of India had got re-examined the syllabus thru A.I.C.T.E. for the Mechanical Engineering Degree & Diploma conducted by the I.Mech.E (India) & the MHRD, GOI had accorded recognition for the A.M.I.Mech.E (I) & T.Eng. as per NEW SYLLABUS (recommended by the A.I.C.T.E. ) vide their letter No.-F.23-2/2001 Dt. 24th Nov. 2006. However, the MHRD, GOI has allowed the students of I.Mech.E(I) registered prior to 10.06.2002 to complete their Mechanical Engineering Degree & Diploma as per old syllabus only.
These examinations are also recognized by the U.P.S.C. for admission to Engineering Service Examination , GATE and openings in Public & Private sectors wherevevr Mechanical Enginering Degree & Diploma are required Educational Qualifications.

# Membership #

The Institution offers two classes of membership, one the Corporate Class and the other Non-Corporate Class. It also offers membership to industrial establishments, called Institutional Membership and Patron Membership.
The Corporate Class of Membership consists of:
Fellows [F.I.Mech.E. (I)]
Members [M.I.Mech.E. (I)]
Associate Members [A.M.I Mech. E. (I)]

THE NON-CORPORATE CLASS, PF MEMBERSHIP CONSISTS OF Technician, Companion, and Student

For Admission Contact:

The Institution of Engineering and Technology(India)
C/O Sri Venkateswara College
64, Avalurpet Road
Tamil Min Nagar
Tiruvannamalai-606601
Tamilnadu
Email:svc@sify.com

By raj2moon on Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 02:33 pm: Edit Post

my final sem.diploma from rajasthan vidyapeeth is it possible can do b.tech from ime and get addmision in ime please brief me.

regard rajender singh

By Anonymous on Monday, May 17, 2010 - 05:44 am: Edit Post

Become a qualified Mechanical Engineer through the Mechanical Engineering Degree [A.M.I.Mech.E(I)] & Diploma [T.Eng.] Examinations conducted by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (India)

The Institution Of Mechanical Engineers (India) is one of the oldest professional institutions in India established in 1914 to promote, advance and update knowledge, business & practice of mechanical engineering professionals.

Among the activities it conducts biannual examinations known as Technician Engineers Part-I & Part-II, Automobile Technician Engineers examination Part-I & Part-II, Production Technician Engineers Part-I & Part-II, Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning Technician Engineers Examination Part-I & Part-II and Section A & Section B of Associate Membership (also known as Chartered Engineers) Examination in Mechanical Engineering.

The Institution is thus helping thousands of younger members of community working in engineering to obtain engineering qualification & also to advance their technical knowledge & enhance their engineering career but, who have been unfortunate in securing admission in regular Polytechnics and Engineering Colleges due to no fault of their through non formal system of education.

Around 20,000 Students appear per year for the Mechanical Engineering Degree & Diploma Examinations of the Institution.

# MECHANICAL ENGINEERING EXAMINATIONS #

# Degree Level [Associate Membership Examination - A.M.I.Mech.E(I) ] #

The Institution conducts Section-A & Section-B of the Associate Membership (also known as Chartered Engineers) examination in mechanical engineering since 1976 in consultation with the MHRD, GOI on International Level. The passing of this examination (Including the Practical Training of 3 Months at an AICTE approved Engg. College) entitles a student to use the abbreviated designation of "A.M.I.Mech.E(I)" as per the Insitution rules.

Section A
Code Subject
A 1 Introduction to Manufacturing Process
A 2 Ad Electrical Technology
A 3 Mechanics
A 4 Fundamental of Computer
A 5 Adv Engg Mathematics
A 6 Thermodynamics
A 7 Fluid Mechanics
A 8 Society,Environment, Engineering
A 9 Dynamics
A 10 Adv Mat Sc & Metallurgy
A 11 Heat Transfer-I
A 12 Theory of Machine

Section B
Code Subject
BC 1 Environmental Engineering
BC 2 Computer Graphics
BC 3 I.C. Engines & Automobile Engineering
BC 4 Operation Research
BC 5 Ad.Strength of Materials
BC 6 Industrial Economics & Management
BC 7 Mechanical Measurements
BC 8 Hydraulic Machines

Note:
i)In addition to 8 compulsory subjects, Section - B students are required to appear and pass in 3 optional subjects ii) After completion of theory papers, students have to undergo at least three months mandatory Apprenticeship/ Practical Training at any AICTE recognized Engineering College for award of the A.M.I.Mech.E(I) certificate.

# Diploma Level [Technician Engineers Exam. -T.Eng. ] #

The Institution conducts Part-I & Part-II of the Technician Engineers examination (T.Eng.) in Mechanical Engineering since 1988 in consultation with the MHRD,GOI on International Level. The passing of this examination (Including the Practical Training of 3 Months at an AICTE approved Polytechnic) entitles a student to use the abbreviated designation of "T.Eng." as per the Insitution rules.

Part I
Code Subject
TE1.1 Communication Skills
TE1.2 Engg. Mathematics - I
TE1.3 Applied Physics
TE1.4 Applied Chemistry
TE1.5 Engg. Mathematics II
TE1.6 Computer Applications
Part II
Code Subject
TE2.1 Applied Mechanics
TE2.2 Electrical Technology
TE2.3 Engg. Graphics
TE2.4 Strength Of Materials
TE2.5 Theory Of Machines
TE2.6 Manufacturing Processes
TE2.7 Thermal Engineering
TE2.8 Industrial Organization & S M
TE2.9 Fluid Power
TE2.10 Workshop Practice
TE2.11 Machine Design
TE2.12 Metrology and Quality Control
TE2.13 Production Technology
TE2.14 Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning System
TE2.15 Automobile Manufacturing System

Note: After completion of theory papers, students have to undergo at least three months mandatory Apprenticeship/ Practical Training at any AICTE recognized polytechnic for award of Technician Engineers Certificate.

Recognition Of Institution's Examination :-

The Minisrty of HRD , Govt. of India had got re-examined the syllabus thru A.I.C.T.E. for the Mechanical Engineering Degree & Diploma conducted by the I.Mech.E (India) & the MHRD, GOI had accorded recognition for the A.M.I.Mech.E (I) & T.Eng. as per NEW SYLLABUS (recommended by the A.I.C.T.E. ) vide their letter No.-F.23-2/2001 Dt. 24th Nov. 2006. However, the MHRD, GOI has allowed the students of I.Mech.E(I) registered prior to 10.06.2002 to complete their Mechanical Engineering Degree & Diploma as per old syllabus only.
These examinations are also recognized by the U.P.S.C. for admission to Engineering Service Examination , GATE and openings in Public & Private sectors wherevevr Mechanical Enginering Degree & Diploma are required Educational Qualifications.

# Membership #

The Institution offers two classes of membership, one the Corporate Class and the other Non-Corporate Class. It also offers membership to industrial establishments, called Institutional Membership and Patron Membership.
The Corporate Class of Membership consists of:
Fellows [F.I.Mech.E. (I)]
Members [M.I.Mech.E. (I)]
Associate Members [A.M.I Mech. E. (I)]

THE NON-CORPORATE CLASS, PF MEMBERSHIP CONSISTS OF Technician, Companion, and Student

For Admission Contact:

Mahavira Institute of technology & management
c-208, sahiani towe, sec-5 rajender nagar,sahibabad, ghaziabad(201005)
Email:mitmsahibabad@gmail.com

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Menu:

My-India.Net | My-Kerala.Com | My-Tamil.Com | My-Kannada.Com | My-Telugu.Com | My-Gujarat.Com | My-Maharashtra.Com | My-Uttarpradesh.Com | My-WestBengal.Com | My-Mobilephone.Com
Search | Webmasters | Advertise | About Us | e-mail Us | Take Us! | Refer Us | Site Map

© My-India.Net