My-India

Message Board Home Tree View Login Search Latest Messages Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Email-Us

Educational trip to Space Camp

My-India.Net: India Forum: India Education: Educational trip to Space Camp

By Varun Mehta on Friday, January 23, 2009 - 06:44 pm: Edit Post

I read about Space Camp recently. Since I have many young students who are interested in space I was thinking if we could do an educational trip to Space Camp. However, I am not sure how much of a learning experience itíll be for the kids. Can anyone throw light on this please?

By Gaurav Soni on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 05:46 am: Edit Post

My sister in law teaches at Vidya Shilp Academy. Last year, kids from her school were taken by Space Camp India to the US Space and Rocket Centre at Huntsville and given hands-on astronaut training experiences. They were also taught mathematics and physics concepts and her colleague who accompanied the children was very impressed with the way they integrated teaching these concepts with hands-on activites. She cant stop talking about how the kids in her class are more receptive and seem to be working better as a team since they have come back. I would suggest you should give it a shot! Just check out the Space Camp website - http://spacecampindia.com/ to get a better idea of the program...

By vinay babu on Wednesday, February 04, 2009 - 08:12 am: Edit Post

That seems to be a very useful information for teachers as well as parents. I have a student (9th standard) in my school who is interested in things related to space and would be really excited to visit this place.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Menu:

My-India.Net | My-Kerala.Com | My-Tamil.Com | My-Kannada.Com | My-Telugu.Com | My-Gujarat.Com | My-Maharashtra.Com | My-Uttarpradesh.Com | My-WestBengal.Com | My-Mobilephone.Com
Search | Webmasters | Advertise | About Us | e-mail Us | Take Us! | Refer Us | Site Map

© My-India.Net