My-India

Message Board Home Tree View Login Search Latest Messages Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Email-Us

Student Projects in Bioinformatics

My-India.Net: India Forum: India Education: Bioinformatics: Project in bioinformatics: Searching project work in bioinformatics: Student Projects in Bioinformatics

By Alan Paul on Monday, June 25, 2012 - 10:04 am: Edit Post

Bioinformatics is the area of interest for many Biotech/drug discovery companies as it reduces the production cost and time to develop and market a novel drug. No wonder why many colleges/ Universities offering graduation and post graduation courses in Bioinformatics. The only problem with this is student with only academic degrees are not being absorbed by the companies as they lack the practical industrial exposure and hands on various tools, databases, programs.

A major challenge for academia has been getting the students to gear up for the industry. Genbios, A bioinformatics Company based at Bangalore, India, has taken up the initiative to train students in the field of Bioinformatics by offering them hands-on projects during their post-graduation course period.

The project work at Genbios provides students:
 An exposure to industrial set-up
 Training by our in-house project guides who are working in the industry
 Projects that are tailor-made for the syllabus and individualís interest
 Choice of topics and duration
Some of the topics of projects are as listed below:

Project duration of 1 - 6 months
 Computer Aided Molecular Modeling(CAMM)
 Computer Aided Drug Designing (CADD)
 Sequence analysis & Phylogenetics
 Metabolic Pathway Construction and Analysis
 Insilco Micro array Data Analysis
 Biological Data mining & algorithm development
 Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) with Bioinformatics
 In silico Molecular gene

Project duration of 3 - 6 months:
 Bioinformatics software tools development by Bio-Java, VB.Net, and Perl
 Biological database designing by PHP-MySQL, Perl&CGI-MySQL, ASP.NET-SQL2005, Java- MySQL/Oracle
We look forward to collaborations with the colleges to expand this initiative. Please contact Mr.Alan Paul on +91 9886756309 or email alan@genbios.in or info@genbios.in for further information.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Menu:

My-India.Net | My-Kerala.Com | My-Tamil.Com | My-Kannada.Com