My-India

Message Board Home Tree View Login Search Latest Messages Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Email-Us

Running For Political Office in India

My-India.Net: India Forum: India Government & Politics: Running For Political Office in India

By Josh Z on Thursday, August 16, 2007 - 02:11 pm: Edit Post

First off, do you have to be a born citizen of India to run for political power such as President of Primef Minister? I am born in the US, but am full blood Indian (parents from India) but still American. Can I still run for power in India, if lets say I have joint-citizanship or what not?

Secondly, how old do you have to be to run for power in India such as President or Prime Minister?

Thirdly, what are the politcal parties of India? for example in the US the biggest parties are the Republicans and Democrats. What are the biggest parties in India?

Finally, is it true that the Prime Minister has more power than the President? What are the differences in power between the two?

Thanks!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Menu:

My-India.Net | My-Kerala.Com | My-Tamil.Com | My-Kannada.Com | My-Telugu.Com | My-Gujarat.Com | My-Maharashtra.Com | My-Uttarpradesh.Com | My-WestBengal.Com | My-Mobilephone.Com
Search | Webmasters | Advertise | About Us | e-mail Us | Take Us! | Refer Us | Site Map

© My-India.Net